A greater understanding of how to care and maintain your wood products can extend the life and luster of your pieces.
Dust with a microfiber or lint free cloth. We recommend a gentle eco-friendly cleaner, such as London's own“Be Over Clean”. Our finishes are designed for zero to very little maintenance. In the event your table needs a "refresh", please contact us to make sure the proper products are being used. .
CUTTING BOARD & CHARCUTERIE BOARD CARE INSTRUCTIONS
Clean with hot soapy water.
Never leave your board submerged in water.
Towel dry and allow to air dry completely before storing.
- Reapply board conditioning oil/paste when your board seems at all dry.
For a natural deep cleaning/deodorizing method - try taking half a lemon with either baking soda or coarse salt to scrub your board. You will want to re-condition with your board conditioning oil/paste after this treatment to restore any of the oil that was stripped away.
Keeping wood kitchen products conditioned in imperative to mainlining their longevity and to protect them from drying out or cracking. While providing a protective finish, it also restores the lusher and unique grain/appearance of your piece. Apply liberally and frequently any time you sense your wood utensils/board seem at all dry.
Apply by hand or with a lint free cloth (especially on the end edges).
- Allow to sit overnight.
- Buff any residual oil with a lint free cloth after 12-24 hours to achieve a soft shine.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT WOODEN BOARDS
- CAN I PUT MY WOOD PRODUCTS IN THE DISH WASHER?
We do not recommend this. The extreme temperatures of dishwashers are really hard on wood products. The intense contact with the water also permeates the oil barrier and causes the wood to "swell" (expand) and then it contracts when it dries. This dramatic cycle causes the wood to become brittle and increases the risk of cracking.
- I'M AFRAID TO USE MY BOARD AND "MARK IT UP"?
Go ahead, our boards are meant to be used. You will find using natural materials can be much more pleasurable and rewarding than synthetics! Well worn boards can be sanded clean and re-treated down the line. You will never lose the "figure" (grain patterning of your board) We intentionally make our boards thick enough so that you (or the next generation you pass it on to) can restore it later down the road.
Our handcrafted blacksmith pieces are raw metal - the care for them is very simple.
Wash with hot soapy water as needed.
- Do not leave submerged in water.
- Towel dry and allow to air dry completely before storing.
- Apply a self stable oil (our board conditioning paste works great - coconut oil or olive oil can also be used in a pinch)
- If any rust appears, simply remove with steel wool and re-apply a protective coat of oil.